Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blog Sale & A New Do

My church outfit from Sunday. I was excited to wear my new dress from shopping in Oxford this past weekend! The dress looks better without the jacket in my opinion, but it's too cold for that!

 

What I wore to work one day this week. Nothing interesting, but I had to share my hair cut! I've tried sooo hard to grow it out. I'm jealous of all you lovely ladies and your sock buns, braids, updos, etc. I couldn't take it anymore. I'm a childless lady with a mom haircut. 

And in true random Wednesday fashion, I must switch gears and share some pics of my furry son. (I guess I am a mom, so this mom haircut is legit!)

 
 he's part cat--laying in the sun

 Ouch..my belly itches!

Switching gears again, I have a couple of things I think are too nice to put in a yard sale pile. Would anyone be interested in buying either of these items? I'm willing to ship or meet someone in the area.

 Men's Nixon watch $100 -- worn only a few times. I tried to make my husband a watch wearing man and was unsuccessful.


Kate Spade purse $100 -- original dust bag included. This is an off white color that would be great for winter as well as summer. The leather makes it easy to wipe clean. I bought this for myself and soon realized that I don't like structured purses. I carried it less than a week, so it's in excellent condition.

Speaking of buying things.. I just bought this amazing camera case/purse.
I hate looking all touristy with a huge camera bag slung over my shoulder. This will solve my problem! Granted, I won't be able to whine about how heavy the bag is and expect Rodney to carry it now since it's so pursey looking. (yes, I made that word up.) I can't wait to use this on our Sundance trip!!

I'm so glad it's Wednesday!! That much closer to the weekend! With last week being so short, it's making this week seem like a lifetime. Hope you all are having a fabulous week!

pleated poppy

15 comments:

LB @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Love the new purse you got! I'm the same way about the other one, just can't do structured ones. I tried a few months ago but ended up selling almost immediately. Spike and Lola are part cat too haha. Love the dress and the short do. Makes me miss a fun hairdo. I have a Nixon and love it. It drives me crazy when Shane "forgets" to wear his watch I got him lol. Is there a thing ad blog twins?

Lauren said...

Love your dress! Oxford shopping is the best!

Courtney Kassner said...

I loveeee that purse! And that sweet puppy!

Mary Margaret said...

Definitely should have told you this Sunday, but I LOVE that dress! So cute!

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

I wish I could make my husband a watch person! That one is super nice!

And now I'm off to find a camera/purse combo. Gotta be stylish!

Priscilla - Wheelchair Mommy said...

The dress looks great both ways but I agree - without is better! :)

Blue Dog Belle said...

LOVE your new watch! So pretty!

xo, Emily
bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

smk053078 said...

That dress is super fun BOTH ways!!!! Score on the new bag! Thanks for linking up!

dedivahdeals.com said...

Blog hopping - love your Sunday dress!

JMc said...

Super cute outfits!! And I absolutely love that camera bag. I want that for my daily purse, lol

Alyssa @ Sugar, Spice, and a Dash of Advice said...

I love your hair cut! It's so cute and sassy! Long hair isn't all it's cracked up to be and sometimes I just feel like chopping mine all off. I love that camera bag/purse.. so cute!

Lindsay said...

Love that first dress. So cute!

Katie said...

Love the hair-- it's super cute! And I need a camera bag like that for mine!!

Courtney Kassner said...

Hey Rachel- I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can check it out on my blog!

exodus31three.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Your doggie is so cute!

Jamie
forevereightyone.blogspot.com