Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What day is it?

It's seriously Wednesday? My days are all mixed up. All I know is that I'm not happy about having to go back to work today. blah. I've been spoiled with all this time off. 

Welp, I've copycatted again. Thanks Shanna for another outfit that I fell in love with. Maybe your style will rub off on me one day so I can make an outfit on my own. :)




And now for a recap of our New Year's Eve Festivities...

Rodney is ten years older than me, but he swears that I'm at least thirty years older than him. I'm a self-professed grandma when it comes to going to bed at a reasonable hour. I'm not good at staying up late at all, so NYE is obviously not well celebrated in this house.

Our good friends have a baby girl, so we hang with them well. They have to go home to put her to bed; we have to go home so I can get in the bed. It's a win-win. 

 It was April's birthday also, so we were celebrating two fun things. We all went to eat dinner, and it was delish! Cafe Piazza in Collierville did not disappoint! Yum!


Outfit of the night

Rodney's sinuses are acting up and causing puffy eyes, and he looked stoned in every single picture we took. These are all 4 takes, and obviously none of them worked out well.
 
 Birthday girl!


Seriously, how cute is this girl and how precious is that outfit!?



You can't order just one dessert!

And now to round out this random Wednesday post, allow me to update you on my readings of late. You've seen the movie preview for Beautiful Creatures, right? Well, I have to read the book before I watch the movie. I finished it last week, and it was pretty good. Much better than Twilight in my opinion. Of course, I'm not a huge Twilight fan, so most anything would be better. 

I'm now reading Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers. I had a hard time getting into it at first with all the names I'm not used to and all the historical stuff. It's getting better now though. I've heard a bunch of good stuff about it, so I knew it would be worth it to muddle through the first few chapters.

pleated poppy

16 comments:

Jodi said...

Did you know that Beautiful Creatures has like 3 or 4 books that comes after it? I was debating reading them. . . still undecided.

Mia Maree said...

Awe Shanna always has good inspiration! Fur vests are always a warm idea :-) But I have to say I am crazy about your NYE top! Sparkly and sophisticated at the same time. Nice touch!

-Mia
www.msmiamaree.com

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

Love your NYE shoes!! I need to embrace wearing heels in 2013 and those look like some fun ones.

Lauren said...

Anything with Chevron and a fur vest is PERFECT! Love your outfit.

Happy New Years! :)

Sippy Cups and Pearls said...

Oh girl, my days are completely messed up too! I thought yesterday was Sunday because the hubby was off - then I wake up and it's Wednesday..SO WEIRD how that works. I love love love that outfit you got from Shanna - seriously, isn't her blog inspirational? I want to have style :/ maybe one day, SOON! lol. anyways, all that blabbing and you don't even know who I am - I'm your newest follower from Shanna's link up :) excited to be tagging along, especially if you and her are anything alike :)

Ginny said...

I'm so obsessed with that dress! I'd copy it too :) you look great!
Ginny
mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

Rebecca @ Mommy in Heels said...

Isn't Shanna awesome!?!? Love your look too- looks great on you!! Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy! Looking forward to following your blog!

Rebecca

Brenda Wilkerson said...

I forgot Beautiful Creatures was going to be a movie, but I saw the trailer and now I can't wait! The book is fantastic. It's the Southern Twilight. :)

Rachel said...

Hi there - found your blog through the link up. Can't wait to read more! Hope you're having a happy new year :)
Rachel
http://sugar-stripes.blogspot.com/

shopfreak said...

Cute take on your inspiration pic. Can't go wrong with chevron and faux fur :)

-shopfreak

Stop by my blog for a chance to win a customized bracelet ($100+ value)!
http://shopfreak14.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-new-years-giveaway.html

Angela W. said...

Shanna is one of my fave bloggers...she has amazing style so I don't blame you for recreating this look. And girlfriend you KILLED that outfit recreation! You look fab! Love, love the dress on you. Thanks for stopping by my blog from the link up. Have an awesome day! xo, Angela

www.selfless-ambition.com

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Loving your NYE sweater and shoes! So cute. That chevron dress and vest are awesome too.

Helene said...

it does not feel like Wednesday at all!!
you look so freaking cute in that outfit girl!

Sheena Rae said...

I'm totally in love with that sparkly shirt!!! PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT IT!

Dropping in from the link-up!

Sheena @ A Girl's Guide to Retail Therapy
http://sheenaashlock.blogspot.com

smk053078 said...

I am catching up on blogs and almost fell out of my chair!!! Thank you so much for the love!! Girl, you killed it in both outfits!! And you did not copy cat...you just got inspired!!! Thanks for linking up!! You are the sweetest!!!

LB @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Love the outfits! I've been wanting a pair of OTK boot socks but have just been looking for the perfect pair!!