Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Anniversary -- better late than never...

Well...obviously I'm just now getting around to posting about my weekend.

Friday was mine and Rodney's five year anniversary. I seriously cannot believe it's been five years already! Time has flown by! 


I got home from work Friday and had this waiting on me..

 

We agreed not to get each other a gift since we just bought a bed for the master bedroom. #adultproblems

I felt awful that I didn't have anything for him other than a card, but he didn't seem too upset by it. Guys just don't seem to care as much about those kinds of things. 

I opened the box and it was a cotton summer dress. It was pretty but gah...I just can't justify spending that much money on a dress. It wouldn't even be worn that much since it wasn't really work appropriate. 

He agreed we could take it back as long as I promised to exchange and not refund, so I got a new purse! yay! 

That would have kind of hurt my feelings too if Rodney didn't like what I bought him, but he didn't seem to mind that either. :)

We went to eat at our favorite restaurant, ate sweets at Muddy's, and then watched a movie.



It had awesome reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, but I just didn't like it. It was super slow, so I was semi-glad we missed it at Sundance. It wasn't worth staying up late for like we would have had to do in Salt Lake. 

Also this weekend, I went to my first Junior Auxiliary meeting. JA is a organization that serves the county by specifically offering aid to women and children in the area. 

I'm beyond thrilled to get to know this awesome group of ladies and be able to give back to the community. 









And this post totally qualifies for Random Wednesday, right? Since it's pretty random to post about your weekend on a Wednesday. I'll try and do better..or maybe not? 

Photobucket

4 comments:

Laura B @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Happy anniversary! When I saw the box I thought it was a purse. When you said dress, I thought the same thing. Can I exchange it lol. Win win!!

Courtney Kassner said...

Happy anniversary! How thoughtful of your hubby to pick out clothes for you!! Haha You'll have to show a pic of your new purse soon!

Lauren said...

Y'all are so sweet, lady! Can't wait to see this purse!

I really hate that I didn't do JA now that I AM staying in DeSoto county!

Katie said...

Happy anniversary! What a great gift!