Wednesday, August 22, 2012

To-Do List

So we've agreed to have a Sunday School class social at our house at the end of next month. I say part of the reason I agree to have people over is so that we'll have motivation to get stuff done around the house.

"Ohh..nobody's going to see that! May as well leave it there until I feel like moving it."

List of things to do asap!


  •  Buy office desk so that the computer is no longer sitting on the kitchen table           
Okay, so I realize that this isn't as simple as moving something that has been sitting out for a while. (Read-its costs money while moving clutter is free.) But a large computer on a kitchen table isn't very practical with company. Rodney and I have been around and around and around on finding a desk that we BOTH like. He likes chunky and masculine. I like non-chunky and feminine. This is what we finally agreed on...

I LOVE it!!!! I would have never even thought to suggest this to Rodney because it looks like most of the things I like. Since he never likes what I like, I had kinda given up. He suggested it to me though and I'm so thankful he did! It's from Ballard Designs which we've had great experiences with so far.

  • Hang chalk board frame in kitchen
This one is alllll Rodney. I don't hang things on the walls because I do not understand the concept of a straight line.

  • Clean the house
Probably the most important thing but not nearly as fun as buying a desk or watching Rodney do manly chores! HA!

  • Hang wallpaper in guest bathroom
Yes...I said wallpaper. No...I'm not crazy. Every single person in the area that I've asked for help finding someone that hangs wallpaper questions my purchase of said wallpaper. It's seriously gorgeous wallpaper. I don't see what the big deal is? As long as it's not 80's flower power (wait...was that 70's?) then I think it will look awesome. I purchased the wallpaper from The Designer's Attic. She is a designer who takes her leftover fabric, wallpaper, etc from her design clients and offers them at a major discount. Oh. And everything is high end, so you get awesome stuff and a cheap price! Here's the wallpaper (not our walls unfortunately)

  Am I seriously crazy for buying? I think it's beautiful. But then again, I do have an affinity for stripes. 

No comments: