Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Undomestic Goddess



Today's blog post title is inspired by this book...


Which is an accurate depiction of my domestic abilities..as in...they're pretty much nonexistent.

So when I randomly decided to make two different recipes from my pinterest board last night, I didn't have very high hopes for the quality of the food.



This recipe was for Garlic Chicken which turned out AMAZING! It was also incredibly easy! This recipe will definitely be repeating itself in my kitchen very soon. The brown sugar mixed with the garlic makes a nice taste combination. I love a recipe that doesn't have many ingredients and doesn't take long to prepare..and this definitely fits the bill!


My second recipe was crunchy baked okra. This recipe definitely won't be repeated anytime soon. I guess I should have followed the instructions a little more closely. First of all, I like specific measurements. It calls for a bag of frozen cut okra. Well...there are a million different sizes. For some reason, I picked up the family size bag, but I don't think that was what the recipe intended. I had to use two pans instead of one because I had so much okra. Also, I don't have parchment paper, so I used aluminum foil. I don't know if that was a mistake or not, but the okra kind of stuck to the foil. I had to do some manipulating to get them unstuck. Finally, I got irritated with separating all the okra (the recipe says that they shouldn't touch while baking). I didn't really feel like separating a whole family size bag of okra, so I kind of skipped that part. It must have been an important part of the process because Rodney asked me if the recipe was called "okra clumps." The kind of mushed together and didn't really get crispy since they weren't exposed individually. This may be a recipe for a night when I have more time and am not feeling so lazy. :) 

Oh well...live and learn.





No comments: